Installing a theme in a WordPress website is a simple process that can be done through the WordPress administrator dashboard. Here’s an example of how you can install a theme with a demo in a WordPress website:
- First, log in to the WordPress administrator dashboard and navigate to Appearance > Themes.
- Next, click on the “Add New” button at the top of the page.
- You can search from the available free theme from WordPress repository or you can upload your own theme by clicking on “Upload Theme” button.
- Once the theme is uploaded, you can activate it by clicking on the “Activate” link.
- After activating the theme, you can import the demo content by navigating to Appearance > Theme Demo Import.
- Select the demo that you want to import and click on the “Import” button.
- The theme will import all the demo content, including pages, posts, images, and settings.
- After importing the demo content, you can customize the theme and make it look like the demo by navigating to Appearance > Customize.
- You can customize the theme options, widgets, menus, etc.
- Once you are done customizing, you can preview the changes by clicking on the “Preview” button and then save them by clicking on the “Save & Publish” button.
Please note that some theme may not include demo import feature, in that case you will have to manually create pages, posts, widgets and other customizations to make it look like the demo.
Also, it’s always a good idea to backup your website before importing any demo data, in case something goes wrong.